For current graduate students looking for a site to complete all or part of their internship hours as part of their Master of Arts in Counseling or Social Work. Melinda Johnson is the Intern Program Director for the Real Life Counseling (our sister company) Internship Program. Our Intern Program is currently housed within Real Life Counseling (RLC).
Thank you for your consideration in applying to the counseling internship program!
At RLCBH & RLC, the concept of courageously loving ourselves and others is what drives us. Our goal for our internship program is to be a part of creating competent professionals for our community and our profession. We accept applications on a rolling basis. Please review the Intern position description and the information on this page. If you feel you meet the qualifications, complete the internship application and review submission guidelines below.
RLCBH/RLC Interns Get:
- Experience in mental health counseling with opportunities to serve a wide range of clients including children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families.
- High quality, weekly individual supervision.
- Opportunities to shadow therapists.
- Opportunities to ask questions, put classroom learning into practice, and support from an experienced team.
- Currently enrolled graduate students who are completing requirements for a master’s level degree in counseling, marriage and family therapy or closely related fields of study.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and professional demeanor.
- Candidates must be able to work a varied schedule. Office space is available primarily during evening hours and on weekends.
- Minimum of 10 direct client hours a week
- Weekly 1 hour supervision meeting
- 5-10 hours of in direct time i.e. paperwork, treatment planning, and progress notes.
- Additional hours as required by your program.
Submission Materials - Please submit the following:
- Internship Application (you can copy a paste it from below and attach it to your cover letter as one document)
- Cover letter that includes: 1) What made you choose a career in mental health? 2) Why are you seeking an internship at RLCBH/RLC? 3) What could you bring to RLCBH/RLC and the people we serve?
- One Letter of Recommendation (Faculty and/or Supervisors only) - Can be added to either your Resume or Cover Letter as one document
- The materials can be uploaded here via the Resume and Cover letter upload tabs (be sure to include within the cover letter the below Internship Application Information along with the letter of recommendation).
Internship Application to Copy and Paste & Add to your cover letter
Full Name (First & Last): _______________________________________________________ Date: _______________________________
Address (Street, City, State, Zip): ____________________________________________________________________________________
Phone: __________________________________ Leave Voicemail? (Y/N): _________ Email: ______________________________
University Attending: ____________________________________________
Anticipated Completion by: _______________________________________
When is your practicum/internship start date? _______________________________________________________________________
How did you hear about this internship site (Internet/Website, Current Team Member, Internship Fair, Other?)
List any specific populations that you are hoping to work with: ______________________________________________________
What theoretical orientation(s) might you explore during your internship experience? ______________________________
What are your strengths? ______________________________________________________________________________________________