Clinical SupervisorApply Now
This role is for fully licensed Counselors/Social Workers who have been licensed for at least 2 years and are interested in adding a leadership/supervision component to their practice in a full-time, salaried position, while maintaining a balanced caseload. It is preferred any applicant has some aspect of experience working with Behavioral Health Agency Standards, but not required.
Real Life Community Behavioral Health is a licensed Behavioral Health Agency in Clark County, WA.This
Full Time Clinical Supervisor (Licensed) position is responsible for the provision of both mental health
outpatient therapy in a private practice setting & providing support & oversight to Associate Licensed
Clinicians learning their way in their practice. RLCBH utilizes both in office and telehealth services, with
standards meeting our Behavioral Health Agency guidelines. Clinically, this position works mainly with
private insurances and private pay, with some Medicaid Funded Insurances. Clinical supervisors are
provided coaching & support from a Clinical Manager. This role is the standard bearer for ensuring RLCBH
maintains Behavioral Health Agency standards, provides the kind of excellent, compassionate and
competent care to our clients and provides supportive, servant leadership style supervision to our associate
Direct Service Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide therapy to individuals, couples and families (if qualified) utilizing evidence based practices in office and telehealth settings - carrying a weekly session minimum of 12-13 completed sessions and providing supervision to 8 Associate Licensed Clinicians.
- All Clinical staff, from the Director on down, carry a caseload of clients. Staying in the work keeps leadership “in touch” and “affected” by the kind of leadership we provide
- Work from a strengths based/team based approach in coordinating the provision of services and in providing supervision to associate licensed clinicians
- Supervisors represent the leadership of RLCBH and will occasionally interact with community partners and resources as part of that
- Provide Licensure Supervision to the Associate Licensed Clinicians under your supervision
- Know or learn the service expectations of our Behavioral Health License, including service and documentation standards (we provide training on this and, as a clinician, would be responsible for following these standards) and then be the standard bearer for your team of clinicians in maintaining those standards.
- Complete documentation & billing within expected timelines & expectations and ensure your team of clinicians are doing the same.
- Support the clinicians your providing supervision for to maintain a weekly minimum billing of 25 billable sessions/week, scheduling at least 28 sessions weekly to provide room for cancellations and appointment frequency adjustments
- Help clinicians grow in their confidence & competencies, including navigating barriers around they ability to engage clients, treatment plan & implement, grow in their documentation skills, navigate the complexities and stresses of being a clinician and problem solve in a supportive posture when a clinician is struggling - overall, you are helping each clinician grow into being a competent & confident independent & licensed clinician.
- Providing & supervising counseling services - including harm reduction strategies, family systems approach of identifying social roles, relationships and family functioning and is trauma informed & utilizes evidence based interventions
- Complete and integrate provided assessments as part of the treatment planning process (e.g. - PHQ9, GAD7, PCL-5, etc), as well as coach your team on how to utilize them
- Participate in employment related supervision with your Clinical Manager and participate in leadership development & meetings as part of the leadership team
- Complete initial supervisor training within your first week of employment and annual training as requested (towards your license and in adherence to our Behavioral Health Agency License). All Licensed & Associate Licensed Clinicians are required by the state to complete 36 hours of CE’s every 2 years, with 6 of those being Ethics hours
- Operate within the Rules and Ethics of your field as outlined in Washington State RCW/WAC and NASW & ACA
- Safeguard both the clinical and business interests of RLCBH - for both your self and your team of clinicians
- Facilitate and steward the process of performance evaluation of each clinician on your team, including the process of “Clinical Probation” when team members are not meeting role standards. Clinical Probation is done collaboratively with your Clinical Manager
- Occasional Administrative Support to RLCBH’s program
- The Supervisor role provides clinical and employment oversight to both full and part time clinicians working within RLCBH. Supervisors are “standard bearers” for RLCBH vision and values, legal and ethical guidelines and our Behavioral Health Agency service and documentation standards. Supervisors cultivate clinician empowerment & confidence in their journey in their practice. At RLCBH, we take an “upside down” approach to leadership - meaning, we seek to serve, support, help and strengthen the work our clinicians do. We take the approach that regardless of role, everyone has equal opportunity, input and value on the RLCBH team
Strengths, Values, Posture We Seek from Supervisors
- Exemplifying of RLC Mission/Vision & Values: We look for RLCBH Supervisors to know and represent the vision, mission and values of Real Life Community Behavioral Health both in the workplace and in the community when representing RLCBH, whether within direct supervision and/or through engaging in interactions with others. RLCBH values would include but are not limited to; being collaborative, being supportive, being strength based, being transparent, being respectful in interactions and communication and promoting a sense of “unity” amongst staff within the workplace
- Strength Based: We trust Supervisors, within direct supervision but also through observed interactions with others, to reflect and embody an ability to speak and interact from a strength based approach - identifying the strengths of others, having an ability to look at things through a strength based lens, and encouraging others to utilize strength based language while also using it themselves
- Respectful: This value means interacting in a respectful and caring manner with both employees and non-employees, regardless of position or role, both within supervision and in interactions with others when representing RLCBH. Being respectful means seeking to treat others with respect, preserving the dignity of others, and communicating on equal standing with everyone regardless of role/position
- Availability/Access: We seek Supervisors to make themselves available to their supervisees during office hours, doing their best to have an “open door policy”, whether in office or via phone/email and provide timely responses. This also includes being available to support in emergency type situations (if applicable) and exude an inviting presence for staff to feel comfortable in approaching them
- Open Communication: We desire RLCBH Supervisors to communicate transparently and openly with supervisees in such a way that doesn’t leave them feeling confused about their role or responsibilities. We value a Supervisor who also responds to staff in such a way that makes them feel comfortable in being able to be open and transparent with the supervisor
- Competency: Supervisors need to demonstrate a capacity to appropriately respond to both employee and clinically related needs that align with clinical, ethical and legal practices. RLCBH relies on Supervisors to create a sense of staff receiving “trusted” input on navigating practice barriers they may be experiencing and can appropriately direct staff towards resources that address their employee and clinical needs
Qualifications and Position Expectations
- A Qualifying Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) or Counseling (MA/MAC)
- Having and maintaining either an LMHC or LICSW, active and in good standing, with the State of Washington.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Have at least 2 years of licensed practice
- Applicant must successfully complete and pass a background check, prior to being offered employment
- Be team player/worker - RLCBH takes a collaborative approach to providing services through regular supervision and engagement with other staff members
- e able to provide services professionally in both office and telehealth settings
- This is a Full Time Position, based upon a 40 hour week position, working days are Monday - Friday - evenings and weekends are optional based on Clinician preference, office availability and client availability
- It is expected that Supervisors will manage their own license requirements and maintain an “Active” & “In good standing” qualification in regards to either their LMHC or LICSW. This includes adhering to both the Ethical and Legal requirements to provide mental health counseling within WA State. Maintaining this is determinant to maintaining your position as a supervisor
- Starting Salary is $100K/year. Raises are assessed openly & annually and are performance based, dependent upon meeting communicated job expectations and goals and are weighed in conjunction with clinic revenues & profits.
- Medical/Dental/Vision (Eligible after 60 Days) or Medical Stipend if you prefer to opt out of our plan
- CEU’s - RLCBH provides a library of training that includes 250 hours worth of CEU’s (including Ethics) to support your requirements for your license - free to you
- Bonus Incentive - the clinicians you supervisor can participate in the Bonus Incentive program. A Clinician receives 50% of reimbursement rate for any billable sessions carried over the session minimum of 25 billable hours/week and Supervisors collect 10% of the reimbursement rate of bonus sessions completed by their team.
- 9 Paid Holidays & 2 floating holidays. Paid Holidays can be traded for an alternative day off, if preferred, within that holiday’s quarter. Floating Holidays do not accrue or carry over into following year(s).
- PTO (First year earn 3hr/40hrs worked, 2nd year and earn 3.5hr/40hrs worked and 4hr/40 hours worked 3rd year and beyond
- 401K - RLCBH has a 401K plan that you can contribute to and, starting on your second year with us, integrates a matching program of up to 3% of your annual income
- Independence in setting your weekly schedule (coordinated with client/office availability) as long as production minimums are being met
- Option to opt into our sister company (Real Life Counseling) as a 1099 (Independent Contractor) to supplement your income (if desired). All RLCBH roles encourage a "protected" day where no appointments are scheduled to catch up with paperwork, training or use as a back up scheduling day. Clinical Supervisors and Managers have the option of using that "protected" day for their own side business, or, as a 1099 with Real Life Counseling so long as they remain accessible to the team and maintain their responsibilities & caseloads for RLCBH. This can be negotiated during the hiring process
- Monday - Friday (Scheduled Holidays off)
- Evenings & Weekends can be an option based on client availability and clinician/supervisor preference.
- 40hrs/week (Services Provided, Supervision/s, Documentation) - this job is designed, based on session minimum, to be able to be completed within 40 hours/week.
- This is considered a full time position and would expect that it be treated as such
- Service provisions are provided in office and via telehealth. Telehealth preference can be increased based upon clinician preference and client availability
- Your team of clinicians are provided 2 and a half days of office space during the weekdays (Monday, Tues and Half Wednesday or, Half Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) and are assisted in identifying an additional space for telehealth sessions provided outside of office availability hours. Weekend office hours are available upon request. Mixing a weekend with weekdays for office space is also an option.
- We seek supervisors to be onsite for the majority of a work week as their presence & accessibility play a key role in providing supportive oversight. Supervisors will be provided an office for at least 4 days of a work week.
- We encourage all clinicians & supervisors to incorporate a “protected” day into their work week - meaning, a day with no sessions or meetings where documentation, training and researching can be completed. These days usually fall on a Monday or Friday. These are not required, but encouraged as part of sustainability of workload and managing documentation & case management related work.
COVID-19/Pandemic Precautions (when applicable)
- Telehealth Options as needed
- Personal Protective Equipment required for in person sessions when mandated by the state.
- RLCBH provides a system of navigating COVID related barriers, offering Telehealth options to all clients (when exposed or quarantining) and clinicians (if they’ve been exposed or tested positive).