Part Time Associate Licensed ClinicianApply Now
Real Life Community Behavioral Health is a licensed Behavioral Health Agency in Clark County, WA. This Master’s Degree Level Clinician (Associate Licensed) is responsible for the provision of mental health outpatient therapy in a private practice setting, utilizing in office and telehealth services. We work with a combination of Medicaid Funded Insurances, Private Insurances and Private Pay. It is also provided weekly supervision for both employment and licensure purposes and adheres to the standards and expectations set forth by our Behavioral Health Agency License through the State of Washington
Direct Service Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide therapy to individuals, couples, and families (if qualified) utilizing evidence-based practices in office and telehealth settings.
- Work from a strengths-based/team-based approach in coordinating the provision of services.
- Clinicians will occasionally interact with community partners and resources as part of some case management activities when the clients present with needing additional resources (e.g. - engaging with their PCP or med management provider, accessing addiction related service, etc)
- Know or learn the service expectations of our Behavioral Health License, including service and documentation standards (we provide training on this and, as a clinician, would be responsible for following these standards).
- Complete documentation & billing within expected timelines & expectations
- Upon choosing a caseload size, maintain reliability in keeping appointments and in utilizing your provided space (we ask Part Time Clinicians to utilize 75% of their provided office space for sessions - meaning, if a clinician requests 4 office hours, that they are using 3 of those 4 hours for sessions).
- Counseling Services - including harm reduction strategies, family systems approach of identifying social roles, relationships, and family functioning and is trauma-informed & utilizes evidence-based interventions.
- Complete and integrate provided assessments as part of the treatment planning process (e.g. - PHQ9, GAD7, PCL-5, etc)
- Participate in weekly individual supervision with direct supervisor (this will also serve as your licensure supervision) and every other week group supervision (also part of your licensure supervision) for 6 hours of supervision provided monthly.
- Complete initial training prior to seeing clients. Training for Full Time Salaried positions is part of the payment structure but Part Time Clinicians only collect payment from completed sessions. All training is provided by RLCBH at no cost and is completed independently (with support from your supervisor and Director), though there are a couple trainings that include certifications (CPR, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens). These are part of any clinicians ability to provide counseling services in WA State (whether with us, another agency or on your own). RLCBH does at times coordinate on site training for these and when available, will be provided to you.
- All training needs to be completed prior to being able to begin working with clients. This includes attending 1-2 shadowing sessions with current RLCBH clinicians. within your first week of employment and annual training as requested
- All Licensed & Associate Licensed Clinicians are required by the state to complete 36 hours of CE’s every 2 years, with 6 of those being Ethics hours and maintain an “Active” and “In Good Standing” status with their Associate License.
- Operate within the Rules and Ethics of your field as outlined in Washington State RCW/WAC and NASW & ACA
Qualifications and Position Expectations
- A Qualifying Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) or Counseling (MA/MAC) that allows you to obtain a Washington State associate license for Mental Health Counseling (LMHCA) or Social Work (LICSWA). You must also have or be able to obtain this associate license as part of employment.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Applicant must successfully complete and pass a background check, prior to being offered employment. Prior to official start date, the applicant must complete their Application of an RLCBH Agency Affiliated Counselor Credential. During the hiring process, an employee must apply for, have applied for, or have obtained their LMHCA or LICSWA. Inability to obtain at least an Agency Affiliated Counselor credential that goes “active” may result in employment termination (as the Agency would be unable to bill for your services).
- Be team player/worker - RLCBH takes a collaborative approach to providing services through regular supervision and engagement with other staff members
- Be able to provide services professionally in both office and telehealth settings
- It is expected that Clinicians will manage their own license/associate license requirements and maintain an “Active” & “In good standing” qualification in regards to either their LMHCA or LICSWA. This includes adhering to both the Ethical and Legal requirements to provide mental health counseling within WA State.
- Pay - You collect 55% of all reimbursed session fees
- Free Licensure Supervision (frequency determined on number sessions completed monthly) - both individual and group
- CEU’s - RLCBH provides a library of training that includes 100+ hours worth of CEU’s (including Ethics) to support your requirements for your license - free to you.
- This position, being part time, does not provide fully paid Medical/Dental/Vision benefits, though you may purchase our entry level benefits at 50% our cost.
- RLCBH will provide you with referrals based upon your preferred demographics and preferred caseload. RLCBH is a primary provider within Clark County for clients with private insurances, private pay and Medicaid funded insurances.
- RLCBH will get you contracted with our network of Insurance Providers, allowing you to provide services to a variety of clients and keeping your caseload at your preferred number
- This part time position does not provide paid time off - it’s a work as little or as much as you’d like type position with pay determined by completed & billable sessions (much like an independent counselor would experience).
- On Site support and consultation with one of our Clinical Supervisors. Clinical Supervisors also serve as employment supervisors and can support you in meeting our BHA standards for services and documentation.
- Option to transition to one of our Salaried Full Time Clinician positions (based upon qualifying for and the availability of the position)
- Independence in setting your weekly schedule (coordinated with client/office availability)
- We provide you a documentation & scheduling platform that includes a Client Portal for completing all documentation and integrating desired assessments
- RLCBH provides office space (times/days determined by availability).
- We provide you a Telehealth Platform in which to provide Telehealth sessions. All our positions are a mix of in person and virtual
- We have a “team” environment and provide regular ongoing support for both clinical and documentation related activities. You’ll have access to regular consultation & support with other team members and a supervisor as you continue to grow into your practice
- This position is considered part time and can be used to supplement a full time job elsewhere
- You set your own schedule - For in Office provided sessions, Part Time positions mainly utilize evenings and weekends, though there are occasional open spots during the week (Full Time Clinicians are considered primary office holders)
- For Telehealth based sessions, these can be provided (based on your capacity to provide a professional and confidential setting) as preferred by you and your client/s. RLCBH will provide the technological platforms for you to provide telehealth.
- Weekly individual supervision and every other week group supervision (all counting towards licensure).
- Service provisions are provided in office and via telehealth. Telehealth preference can be increased based upon clinician preference and client availability
- For telehealth sessions, we support you in having a telehealth platform to use and provide coaching/consultation around identifying a setting that is professional and confidential
- Some clinicians, based upon personal circumstances, prefer providing only telehealth services to meet personal needs. This is also an option for those preferring to do so
COVID-19/Pandemic Precautions (when applicable)
- Telehealth Options as needed
- Personal Protective Equipment required for in person sessions when mandated by the state.
- RLCBH provides a system of navigating COVID related barriers, offering Telehealth options to all clients (when exposed or quarantining) and clinicians (if they’ve been exposed or tested positive).